I love side ponytail styles, especially ones that are only half up as it allows my daughter to wear half her hair down. This style is also a great one for toddlers that don’t have a lot of length in the back because you only need the front part of the hair for this toddler hair idea. Like other styles, this works best on damp hair with some gel and a comb.
Here’s how you can get this twists into a half side ponytail toddler hairstyle:
1. Section a piece of hair from the the left eyebrow over to the right ear. Secure with an elastic.
2. Take the rest of the hair that you have from the left eyebrow to the left ear and section into 2 pieces. Secure each of these pieces with an elastic.
3. Create 2 twists out of each of the 2 ponytails you have on the left. To create a twist, separate the hair into to, twist those pieces to the right and then wrap around each other going to the left. Continue twisting right each time you wrap to the left. This is better demonstrated in the video at the end of this post. When you are to the bottom of the twist, secure with an elastic.
4. After you have both of your twists done, remove the elastics at the ends and connect with the side ponytail on the side.
5. Comb hair out until smooth and add a bow or ribbon to the ponytail on the right!
As you are going along, you can spray the hair with a spray bottle if it starts to dry and additional spray gel or regular gel to give the style hold. Video below!