This twisted headband elastic style is great for any toddler or girl with short hair. It keeps the hair out of your toddler’s face and there are so many variations. We used purple elastics today to match her shirt.
To do this style you will need:
- Spray bottle or wet hair
- Small Elastics/Hair Rubber Bands
- Spray Gel
1. Section an area of the hair up front that will be your headband.
2. Spray hair until wet and then spray each individual piece with spray gel as you go. Separate and part into 4-6 areas and secure with elastics.
3. Separate hair at the top elastic into to and twist to the right. Then twist the hair at the top of the elastic to the left so that your twist will stay in. Secure with another elastic when you get to the next area so that all of the hair is in one ponytail.
4. When you get to the bottom of the headband and your last elastic, secure all hair and then tuck behind the ear and secure with a bobby pin.
As I’ve mentioned in other posts, I really like the headband styles because I can keep some of my toddler’s hair down. For an easier variation, you could just connect the hair without twisting it at all.