Style Toddler Hair
I definitely get asked on a regular basis what products we use to style toddler hair. With some trial and error, we’ve come across some great products and styling tools that we really like to use.
- Spray Bottle We use a spray bottle to wet down her hair if she isn’t straight out of the bath. Toddler hair is generally very fine so to style it, it’s best done on damp hair.
- Herbal Essences Spray Gel Toddler hair likes to fly away! By using a little bit of spray gel as you go, you can eliminate fly aways. You will see me use it in many of our videos
- Proclaim Rubber Bands These are the most awesome rubber bands I have found. DO NOT pull them out at the end of the day. Cut them out with a seam ripper or a small pair of scissors.
- Wet/Dry Detangling Ultra Brush
- Bobby Pins for extra hold in some styles!
- Combs (You want the heavy duty combs to french braid toddler hair. The cheap ones will break and don’t go through the hair as easily. You’ll also want the ones that have teeth close together on one side and teeth farther apart on the opposite side.
- Topsy Tail Tool – This is a great tool used to style toddler hair when you are doing flips. You can use your fingers to do flips, but a topsy tail tool generally makes it cleaner and easier.
- Clips to hold back hair. Sometimes I like to go from one area of the hair to another but I don’t want it in the way. I’ll use clips to hold back certain hair when needed.
- Hot Tot Structure Whip/Pomade This is my favorite pomade to smooth hairstyles and it is free of parabens and a lot of toxins you find in other products.
In the video below, you will see what products we like to get a better feel for them! We hope you found this helpful so that you can successfully style toddler hair!