Elastic styles are basically a no fail when it comes to toddlers. It’s an easy way to keep their hair out of their face. This simple split elastic style is similar to the triangle micro braids toddler style that I posted in the past, but it’s a lot faster because there is no braiding involved. This is a style that can be done in 5 minutes and holds all day long.
How to do the Simple Split Elastics Toddler Hairstyle:
Items needed: Fine tooth comb, spray bottle to spray down hair, spray gel if wanted, elastics, hair bows or ribbon.
- Start with wet or damp hair. Create two small sections right by the front and middle of the head and secure each of these sections with an elastic.
- Split each pony from these sections into two and take the middle two pieces, combine and secure with an elastic. At this point, you have your two front ponies and then one behind those two with two pieces from each pony.
- Part the rest of the hair that isn’t in the front ponies down the middle and bring the two right strands into the right pigtail and the two left strands into the left pigtail.
- Once you have the hair in pigtails, twist the hair to give it some curl. (You can see how I do this in the video.)
- Add ribbon or bows to your pigtails!
Now that you’ve read through the instructions, you can watch the video below and do this style on your own toddler!