Rope Twist Hairstyle
I absolutely love this rope twist hairstyle. Rope twists are created by splitting the hair into two, twisting the hair one direction and then crossing it over the other side. For example, you would twist the hair to the right with both pieces and then cross it over the left. This repeated pattern gives you a rope twist! These zigzag twists were fairly easy to do, took us about 10 minutes and stayed in really well all day. For this particular style, you will want to work with hair that is at least just past the shoulders.
Herbal Essences Set Me Up Spray Gel, Extra Hold, 5.7 ozCricket Carbon Combs Stylist, 4 CountThe Wet Brush 1 Count Pro Select The Original Detangler Punchy PinkProclaim 200 Assorted Brights Rubber Bands
If you are interested in what products we use on a regular basis, you can check out our favorite products here.
To achieve this look:
- Part the hair down the middle and then section the rest of the hair off into 6 ponytails. You should have 3 on the right and 3 on the left going top to bottom
- Next, clip off your top 4 ponytails so that you are able to work with the ponytails at the bottom of the head.
- Start a rope twist on the left ponytail and once you have it done, bring it over to the right and secure it there.
- Once the rope twist is secured, create another rope twist and then bring it up to the middle left ponytail.
- You will repeat these steps again with the top two ponytails, but this time you will start on the right.
Here is a top view of the finished style!
Our Youtube video which is below, demonstrates how you are able to do this and is great if you like to learn by seeing a style done hands on.