This toddler hairstyle is quick and easy! It creates a little headband effect and utilizes a simple 3 strand braid. You’ll notice that it and most of my other styles are best done with wet hair. It’s easier to work with and tame the fly aways. You will also need some spray gel, a comb and elastics for the hair.
To achieve the micro braids into one braid headband toddler hairstyle:
- Create a part across the head from ear to ear. Fasten the bottom portion into a ponytail to keep that hair out of the way.
- Split the front portion of the hair into 3 sections.
- Secure the section on the left with an elastic. Split the hair in two and create two 3 strand braids.
- Pull these two braids up to the middle section and secure it all with an elastic. This will leave you with a ponytail of hair in the middle
- Using the ponytail of hair in the middle, create one 3 strand braid and braid to the bottom of the hair.
- Connect this 3 strand braid to the 3 sectioned area on the right side. It will create a little right side ponytail right in the front. You can choose to add a bow to the right side sectioned area or just leave it with elastics that match your child’s outfit.
For all of your visual learners – that would be me included, here is a video to help you recreate this style! If you decide to do this style, snap a photo and tag me @easytoddlerhairstyles on Instagram!