This hairstyle is one that looks like it would be difficult, but it is actually really easy. You need to give yourself 10-15 minutes to get this one done, but it really stayed nicely all day. My daughter had dance today, we ran a bunch of errands, she napped played and it still looked perfect just before bedtime.
To recreate this style micro braid into a 3 strand half pony style:
- Part the hair 3/4 of the way over and use about the front 1/3 of hair, from the crown and forward.
- Take the smaller portion of hair and divide it into 3 sections, securing each section with an elastic.
- Create a 3 strand braid with each of these 3 sections and then secure with an elastic at the bottom.
- Braid the 3 micro braids together into another 3 strand braid and secure with an elastic
- Using the other 3/4 of the front part of the hair, create a front side ponytail.
- Pull the 3 strand braid across and add it to your front side ponytail.
- Remove elastics from your micro braids or any others you don’t need.
- Comb out the rest of the hair and finish with a ribbon!
With this style, you don’t need to necessarily use the elastic rubber bands in the first step. You could divide the hair into 3 sections and braid it from there, I just like the ability to keep them separate while braiding. My daughter also got up and jumped around for a bit during the middle of doing her hair, so it kept them secure. For a visual tutorial on how to do this easy toddler hairstyle, watch below! Happy Braiding!