Heart Shaped Hairstyles
Valentine’s Day is coming up and Heart Shaped Hairstyles are easy and fun to do at this time of year. This particular heart shaped hairstyle is a great one on toddler hair because it definitely stays put all day. Make sure to check out my braided heart hairstyles: toddler valentine braided heart and dutch braided heart.
For this hairstyle, you will want some super stretchy rubber bands. I like the proclaim rubber bands because they don’t break the hair. (Always remember to cut them out, don’t just pull them out at the end of the day!)
I also love fun hair accessories. Valentine’s Day ribbon and bows in pink and red will be hair accessories that you can use all year long. This ribbon bow set is one that I have. It’s a great value because you get pigtail bows in fifteen different colors to wear with all sorts of outfits. There are several shades of pink also included in the set. The grosgrain ribbon set is also a great value because of all of the colors that you get in it!
HipGirl Holiday Ribbon–(100yd 3/8Chiffon 4.5in Solid Baby Girls Clip Hair Bows Large Set Of 15 ColorBonnyGirl Boutique Baby Girls Toddler Hair Bow Clips Barrettes with Hair Bows Holder (Red)Ms.Gaga Baby Girl Christmas Headband Flower Diamond Red Hair Accessories 3PCS
It’s time to get to our heart shaped hairstyles elastic style!
- Part out two sections of hair up towards the front and secure each of those with an elastic.
- Next, you will use a Topsy Tail Tool or your fingers to split the hair at the elastic and flip the hair up and through. This step can be sort of confusing when creating your heart hairstyle, so make sure to watch the video at the end of this post.
- Split the ponytail in two and put elastics on each side. Repeat this all the way down each side of the ponytail, making sure that the elastics are the same on each side as you go down.
- Once you have gone down to the bottom of the hair, connect the two pieces with a final elastic and secure in a low ponytail
- Repeat all the of these steps for the other side!
If you are a visual learner like me when it comes to heart shaped hairstyles, watch the video down below!