I remember often looking at different hairstyles and thinking that they looked too complicated or that there was no way that I would be able to to do them on my toddler. Once you understand the basics of certain hairstyles though, there is basically repetition. I’ve also come to love Youtube. If I don’t know how how to do a certain braid or am looking to get a bit more creative, I will turn to videos for ideas. I’ve seen similar bubble braids with a 3 strand floating around there, but not specifically adapted for a toddler with shorter hair. This style is essentially a very short bubble braid, flattened out and completed with a 3 strand braid on top.
You could do this style down the middle of the head, but I love how it looks off to the side.
How to style a flattened bubble with a 3 strand braid on a toddler:
- Part out a small section of hair towards the front of the head and secure it with an elastic
- Section out a 2nd section of hair directly behind that section and set aside.
- Take the first section of hair and separate the top 1/3 of that hair. That will become your braid.
- With the remaining 2/3 of hair, add it to the second section directly behind it and secure with an elastic. Pull the hair out to make it look bubbled.
- Create a 3 strand brad from the first section and braid it down all the way to the bottom.
- Secure the braid in the second section.
- Create a 3rd section and add your hair from the 2nd section to it. Secure with an elastic.
- Add the braid to the 3rd section and secure with an elastic.
For all of my visual learners, watch the video below to be able to do this hairstyle!