Headband styles are a go to for me. I like to do them several times a week because although I love when my toddler’s hair is up or in piggies, I love to have some of my daughter’s hair down. It’s so thick and pretty and it looks beautiful down. The headband, as I mentioned before keeps the hair out of her eyes, but still allows me to keep half of her hair down.
Here’s how to get this fishtail flips headband toddler hairstyle:
1. Section a portion of the hair in the front. You can section this piece all the way across the head or 3/4 of the way. I like to do it 3/4 of the way because of the look.
2. Once you have the hair in the front, section that off into 3-4 areas.
3. Using an elastic, secure the first section. With that same piece of hair, add another elastic, before adding it into the second section.
4. Between these 2 elastics that you have just put in, split the hair in 2 and flip it through. It’s like the topsy tail effect.
5. Add this piece of hair to the second section.
6. Repeat this process 2 more times.
7. Once you get to the ear, take a small section of hair towards the back of the hair and add your headband to it. This will secure the headband to the head.
Make sure to watch the video below to understand more fully how this hairstyle works. It’s one that should only take you 5-10 minutes and you are sure to get a ton of compliments on it!