One of the things I love about hair art, yes I’m going to call it hair art, are all of the creative ideas floating around. This style was inspired by @foreverbraidingkay and @plaititutes on Instagram. I had been wanting to try it for a while and am so happy I finally did. It’s a great style on a toddler and is sure to get lots of compliments.
Instructions on how to get Crossed Micro Braids Into Messy Buns Toddler Hairstyle:
- Section two portions of hair towards the hairline with an elastic.
- Divide each of these ponytails into 3 sections, these will make your 3 braids.
- Create 3 braids from each ponytail, securing each with an elastic when you get to the bottom.
- Layer and cross the braids one at a time. For example, pull the right to the left and then take a left braid and cross it over the right. Then take another braid from the right and layer it over the left. Continue until all of your braids are crossed.
- Put the remaining hair into pigtails/messy buns.
- Pull the elastics out of your 3 micro braids on each side and add them to your pigtails with an elastic.
- If you choose to do messy buns like I featured here instead of pigtails, pull the hair half through and then bobby pin sections of hair to make the pigtails look messy!
That’s it! It’s a style that will probably take you 15-20 minutes to do but is well worth it in the end. For a visual tutorial, watch the video below.