I follow a lot of amazing women on Instagram who create beautiful styles. A lot of these I would love to be able to do on my toddler, but where her hair isn’t exactly long and the sides are shorter than the back, it makes it tricky. I’ve been wanting to try a braided flower bun so instead of incorporating all of the hair, I decided to take a section of hair at the top of her head and position a bun off to the side a bit. This turned out to be such a cute toddler hairstyle. Below I’ll tell you how to recreate this style and there is also a video you can watch so you can learn how to do a braided flower bun on a toddler.
- Section a portion of hair at the top of the head and secure with an elastic.
- Take the hair from the pony at the top of the head and divide into 3 sections.
- Begin a basic 3 strand braid.
- After you have 2-3 stitches in your braid, pull a little bit of the hair on the left side out of the stitch.
- Continue braiding and pulling hair out every 2-3 stitches
- Secure braid at the bottom with an elastic band
- Twist the braid up around the top of the ponytail like you would a bun. You want the left side, or the side that you have pulled hair out of on the outside of the bun so that it resembles a flower.
- Secure with 2-3 bobby pins and add a small flower or other hair accessory in the middle of the flower!
If you are a visual learner, make sure to watch the video below! This is an easy toddler hairstyle that should only take you about 5 minutes from start to finish.